View Single Post
      09-13-2011, 06:39 PM   #18
VictorH
Major
Rep
Drives: '09 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper519 View Post
Long story short. I was running Carbotech SP-10s on the rears and new Pagids RS19s on the front. Pagids bedded in great with beautifully burnished rotors. As the day progressed, felt increasing fade and brake judder (bad) so I started to ease off a little. They were literally smoking when I came in and the rotors had melted around the cross drilled holes. Instead of bing circles they were like crecent moons, partially filled in with molten metal from the rotor face. Driving home they felt and sounded terrible. I'm not sure if you can turn or lathe the face of these rotors or not, but if I have buy new ones, they will come in a BBK.
You're going to be okay. Clearly you got your rotors hot, but the rotor holes are filled in with pad material. You can spray them with your garden hose and they'll look round again. The other problem, the brake judder, I've had before but that's due to pad deposits. Leave your track pads on for another week or so (I'm assuming you're using this car as your daily driver), then change back to the street pads. The pad deposits will be ground off over the course of the week and the street pads will feel just fine and you'll be good to go for another event (assuming these are not old, high mileage rotors).
Appreciate 0