08-01-2018, 05:22 PM   #17
xQx
General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i (E88 N54 6AT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakyDog View Post
Not sure what is more humorous, the fact that Dodge owners have these to add-on or not or the argument of whether or not it is a "Mod"
Well - like most arguments about things of absolutely zero real-world consequence - I'm sure this battle will be bitterly fought by both sides for eternity.

I can understand both sides... does it add a little bit of color to an otherwise hellishly boring car, or is it akin to leaving the Styrofoam on your TV after you've unpacked it?

Is it a "rice" modification that adds unnecessary weight and drag to the vehicle for purely cosmetic reasons, or does it add much-needed protection to a section of the bumper so easily scratched under normal use that the manufacturer had to add protection just to safely get it from the factory to the dealer without damage?

Personally, I think it's akin that little plastic film over your iPhone, microwave or alarm clock screen.

Some people like it and try to protect the protector, some people don't know it's supposed to removed, and other people will look at it and go "huh, I guess someone forgot to remove these" and take them off and throw them away at the first sight.
Appreciate 0