View Single Post
      05-14-2018, 03:36 PM   #93
DreamTime
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottagofast13 View Post
This is Ryan Staub from Lockton Motorsports - just thought I'd chime in and save you the hassle of having to do homework on this. I've been instructing for ~15 years (Chief Instructor for KC Chapter of BMW CCA) and I'm a big believer in data acquisition. While I don't feel HPDE students/track day guys should be chasing lap times, data and lap times are often the best indicator of improvements you're making as a driver.

From the beginning, we've pushed our insurers to not have restrictive or exclusionary language related to timing. If you use Harry's Lap Timer, an AiM system, etc, that will not trigger any limitations or exclusions in coverage on our policy. We do offer Time Trial coverage as an option to your HPDE/Time Trial policy, but that option only needs to be selected when it is a true Time Trial event. If the event organizer administers timing and the event is competitive, you need to add the "time trial" option to your policy to ensure coverage with us.

I hope that helps. Have a great season and keep the shiny side up!

Ryan
Cool! I super appreciate all the info, Ryan! Hope you have a great season as well
Appreciate 0