cntlaw
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 330i E90 C55 AMG

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xens
No Active Steering on his car or my car. I'll never be getting that feature either, unlike other electronics, this one interferes with driving TOO MUCH.
All my friends with Benz without Parameter Steering (AS) said to me they love my Benz with PS. And, I will only buy a car with AS or its equivalence technology because I believe this is way to go. I am therefore very interested to know whether AS works well as it is intended.

I heard ( even from my E90 salesman ) about AS on the 5-series is pretty hard to adopt to. I received good comments from owners with AS on their E90. I must admit I found the Audi Servotronic very hard to get used to.

No means of picking words, I do not think Benz, Audi and BMW are bringing in this technology to interfere the driver. If it is a good technology that works well ( or not so well ) on a a particular car model, we should share the experience in details with the rest of group.
BMW 2006 330i E90 Jet Black/Black Leathers/Aluminium, Steptronic Active Steering; MTech Aero Kit Carbon Fibre Splitters/Diffuser. Bilstein PSS9 Coilover, Rays VOLK Racing RE30 Formula Limited Edition 18" Pirelli Rosso; Project Mu 355mm Forged 4pot Caliper. HID:Osram D1S 6000K, PIAA 6500K White Ring, Philips Diamond Vision HB4 5000K, PIAA H490/H491 Super Bright 6500K LED Interior Lights. Chrome S.Wheel Cover, Rear Windows Sunshades.
Appreciate 0