View Single Post
      06-03-2008, 02:52 PM   #15
gshb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINE6SPD View Post
I have seen that as well but the numbers never tell the whole story. The are plently of FWD cars that pull more g's than a 335i and g37 that dont handle anywhere near as well. If you drove both cars back to back like I did at the track as well as the street you would understand what I saying a little more.Handling has a lot more to do with other factors besides the generic skidpad testing.

Also the steering in the G37 does not fell as sporty or tight as the 3 series line. The 330hp also fells like a gross over exageration whic was a big dissapointment after driveing a 335. I really did like the car but i expected it to be way better than the only G35 coupe/sedan and it was not. The styling on the old g35 coupe was nicer as well I think and i usually do not like the older designs on cars. The G35 coupe is the pinnacle of Infiniti design and I doubt they will ever have a car as good looking as that g35 coupe.

I have an open mind for all cars and also saw an article where the 328i was chosen over the G for many of the same reasons I mentioned. The magazines are all opinion as I Know but in the article a lot of valid points (IMO) were talked about. I have nothing against the car but it just is not much fun to drive as and 3 series IMO.
cool, i actually did so as well at laguna seca. i actually felt less body roll in the 37. power was about equal. steering was lighter in the 37, which made for some interesting power slides (read: i was laughing smiling my ass off). its funny, i thought the 335i was more comfortable while the 37 was on more on the edge of my seat. i didnt bother driving the 328. theres no way 100 fewer hp is going to be equally as fun.
Appreciate 0