View Single Post
      05-10-2022, 06:53 PM   #775
stargazer.80
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwankel View Post
A couple of points here. The coding you described is a bit odd, I'll get into it in a second. Ensure that you have the MOST connectors properly connected.

If the car in your profile is in fact a F25 x3, that may be where the problem is.

If you notice the dip switch settings on the box, theres a setting for 8.8" (intended for e-series cars) a setting for 6.5" (which I am also suspecting is only for E series cars), and then a setting for F10 (5 series cars with CIC). You being on a 6.5" screen with a F series car may make you an extreme edge case.

Lastly, I recall reading that someone on this thread while installing into a F10 5 series had to code the cd changer option to MMC not mp3_cdc. Give that option a try and see if it behaves any differently.

Again, check your MOST connections, and if none of that solves it, reach out to Mr12volt support
Looks like you were right, my car is some weird CIC with NBT screen connector (4pin vs 6pin). Also this installation guide shows how it looks on my car:

I fear Mr12Volt will not be able to work with my car, I don't see how the cables can be adjusted, looks like I will have to return it. I was really optimistic about the MOST audio. Too bad...

I wonder if even NBT units would work on this car since it is still CIC HU?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0