View Single Post
      01-03-2012, 04:10 PM   #44
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperM3 View Post
I am reading through the comments here and am dumbfounded by the way people react to each others opinions. Forums are the great equalizer of free speech. You can say what you want and be read/seen by others or you can be ignored and not responded to.

I agree with both sides of the fence here. I feel sorry for Sal, the business, and the family the deceased left behind. I do not feel sorry for anyone who feels sorry for the situation.

If this had happened to someone that NOBODY knew, everyone would be condoning the situation. Because regardless if you know the person, interacted with them at one point or just read a post here and there, their action was wreckless, especially coming from an ex-cop.

No, I dont know all the details of the situation. However, the point someone made about "Have you ever driven above the speed limit" or whatever does NOT count when theres another vehicle involved traveling at the same rate in a competitive fashion.

Anytime someone has tried to race me I say lets go to the track. I have nothing to prove on the street. I believe in controlled conditions. I guess thats what having the wisdom of 20 years of driving will do to you. Sure, I remember being full of piss and vinegar when I was younger. I did some stupid things, but you only need to learn once.

Situations like this are the ones you need to learn from, other peoples mistakes, not your own.

Im not looking for a debate or any hostility. I just think people need to take a step back and realize the severity of the situation.
Agreed 100%. I couldn't have typed it any better.

I do feel sorry for those he left behind, as he left them at a very young age and this must be hard to swallow for his family members
Appreciate 0