01-03-2012, 01:10 PM   #24
PKumarM3
Air India
India
Rep
Drives: 2018 Dodge Durango

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppin Fresh View Post
Before another person comes in to say something negative please ask yourself this question: "Have I ever driven my M3 faster than the speed limit allowed?" If the answer was yes, then you have no right to cast stones on someone who was a good person. It was just unfortunate that it was his time. Everyone's time will come and I hope people don't pass judgement on you for the last thing you did.
i agree with you

i just think there is a HUGE difference between "Have I ever driven my M3 faster than the speed limit allowed?" vs. "Have I ever raced another car on public roads faster than the speed limit allowed" .

if you are alone on a public road going 100mph shame on you.

if you are racing another car on a public road going over 100mph shame on you.

if you are not alone on a public road going 100mph, shame on you.

if you are racing another car on a public road that has cars on it going over 100mph, shame on you.

you should not cast a stone on those that violated the law and suffered the ultimate consequence, but i believe there is a time and place to drive aggressively. and i think the people that are commenting negatively realize that this incident could have been avoided, and it was a poor decision.

i used to race other cars on public roads religiously.... when i was 17, but i am 27 now, and racing someone on a public street is the last thing on my mind. i think that some people move past it and when they see it happen, they react in a patronizing form, vs a nurturing and more avuncular form - which is what i do - citing previous incidents and potential incidents.

sadly, these types of things can't be stopped because everyone thinks they are a "good driver", but in reality, they should take out their speed desires in a more controlled environment - HPDE. definitely not drag strip since there is no form of education on a drag strip.

i just am upset for the ACM guys since i like them a lot and am friends with all of them. sucks it had to hit home so hard.

once again RIP.

Appreciate 0