United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
My boss is my dad.

Negative: Can be stubborn and dismissive, especially when it comes to ways to change things. I get the logic that this procedure has worked for this long with this many employees etc and it basically comes from the fact that I think he's satisfied with the company he's built (and rightfully so). I however would love to focus on growth, but it's often met with resistance. Finally, the natural growth has reached a point where some of the current inefficiencies can't be ignored, so authorization to pursue such developments with firm capital is easier to get.
I used to work for my Dad as well. He to was stuck in this frame of thinking. I'd come up with some stuff to make things better/easier or whatnot. He'd be like yeah great, then wouldn't want to put the money in it or just preferred his old way. After the first year kind of gave up since I realized change wouldn't happen until he stepped aside which I knew was going to be longer then I'd like to be there.

I no longer work with him. Not because of these exact reasons but I think because of his constant short term vision caused his business' downturn and allowed his largest client to decide they were capable of doing what we did for him in-house.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0