footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkahtropolis View Post
The new Mustang GT is properly done. My only complaints with the interior stem from the storage compartments; the plastic looks cheap, feels cheap, and is fitted somewhat poorly.

The noise the car makes is infinitely better than any of those turbo'd fours or N/A V6s though. It's also making near-identical performance numbers in comparison to the 335i, and that's including parameters other than accelaration.
Unfortunately too many people look at facts and figures without knowing that there is a lot more than just this. Cars like the Mustang may well corner as well as a 335 but this is purely a figure and has nothing to do with the quality of the chassis or it's suspension. Basically fit wide enough rubber and you will get anything to corner at speed; this is how the Mustang is doing it.

When you complain about FWD being the wrong driven wheels then I would expect that the handling of the chassis should be of equal importance. In fact I would much prefer a great handling chassis that's FWD instead of a poorly executed RWD chassis that can simply corner quickly.

This is why I use the term 'cheap and cheerful', it not only it meant to explain the quality but the execution of the enginnering.
Appreciate 0