11-14-2012, 12:25 PM   #99
italyix
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuner1
Updates? Have any E9X owners installed solid rear subframe bushings yet?

I am not interested in solid diff mounts/bushings.

My experience with very stiff or solid rear subframe bushings on other models of cars are exactly what Malek posted below - no perceived increase in NVH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malek@MRF View Post
The M3 GTS and CRT both utilize the same subframe. Also, they do not have separable bushings. The subframe is simply designed as a solid mounting piece.

Think of it as the bushings being welded in.

I will also reiterate this, having solid sub-frame bushings will NOT degrade ride quality. This is what happens with solid driveline bushings (motor, transmission, differential).

On another BMW forum HP Autowerks said
Quote:
We have done many of these mods with solid alum. bushings from Turner Motorsports. This is a mod that is strictly reserved for track cars. Unless you like the whole car to buzz all you and feel everything on the road we recommend the M3 bushings over the delrin or alum.
Maybe HP is referring to installing solid subframe and solid diff bushings at the same time. I have a hard time believing that BMW would product two top-tier products (M3 GTS and CRT) with severe NVH issues.
I have both solid subframe bushings and diff bushings from TMS. Been running them for a while now and I wrote a review on them as well. I do not mind the NVH produced. I don't notice it anymore and I DD my car in traffic.