11-07-2011, 09:10 AM   #70
ClutchThese
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by username11 View Post

22 and making 70K and want to drive a 50-70K luxury sports car? What a joke. At this stage in life you shouldn't even have the fuckin' time to consider doing something so stupid.

Sorry dude, 70K is not good "good money." It's adequate because you're single, are currently employed, living in a rat infested hole in the wall with other dudes for $900/mo (location says Boston), have zero net worth, no long term savings, and have no significant investments.

You're not even making six figures! Lease a Kia Optima for $150/mo, save and INVEST (everything's on sale in this economy) the rest of your money, and when you're making real money once you've progressed in your career (or whatever) spend a small fraction of it on the toys.

Spending a significant portion of your take home pay on a car payment is one of the most stupid things you can do. How about doing the basic shit first? Max out your 401K (16.5K/yr), determine your investment strategy, setup and fund your after tax investment accounts, figure out cost of living for minimum six months and save this amount, work hard on getting to your next job so you can make at least 100K, etc.

Yes.

I did the above... i invested into Bernie Madoff's fund. See where that got me. It's always easy to tell others to invest....

Do what you feel is good for you.

Just remember, those who die with the most "stuff" Wins!!!
Appreciate 0