Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk94 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
I have not had the issue with using the 4th hole. You should be able to work around that with different end-link lengths or mounting style. In fact I switched from Eibach to Hotchkis in order to correct some fitment challenges I had with the Eibach bars. Specifically the Eibach's rubbed my rear shocks. This was due to the fact that the Ohlins TTX utilizes an in-line reservoir in the rear which makes the shock diameter larger than typical.

FWIW I'm using them and I'm in middle stiffness in the front and full soft in the rear. I have not had understeer issues. However you run a narrow front tire - that could be a contributing factor. There's also dampening settings that can influence understeer. As you know, sway bars are one of multiple ways to adjust under/over steer characteristics.
Ya, your issue not being able to use the 4th hole is likely one caused by your end links. Like Slicer, I have no issues using all the holes - front and rear.
But I am using custom end links up front made by KW for my desired ride height range, so I'd expect it to work with no issues..
Good point.
However, the last hole is 50% stiffer than stock,which is what the H&R are.

Because I do have adjustable shocks, I went to the H&R and sold the Hotchkis. I can stiffen up the front with the JRZ controls.

For stock suspension the Hotchkis are a good, inexpensive, solution to stiffen up the front.

I had only 2 trackdays on the H&R.
Before I broke the Hotchkis (set on stiffer 92% from stock) I was driving them on the middle hole. (70%) most of the time.

With the Rear H&R, (50% over stock) I adjusted the JRZ one click stiffer and it felt about the same.

I will know more in 2020.

Anyway, I have had many trackdays on the Hotchkis front and rear on 70% and it is a good option.
Appreciate 0