View Single Post
      03-19-2012, 08:41 AM   #41
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_WC View Post
Whether IMSA or ACO allows turbos or not, they won't go racing with the next generation M3. It just isn't in their plans.
Never mind the M3, will they abandon all "stock" car racing? I really don't think they will. So then, we can assume some strategy is in place or will be put in place to homolongate future BMWs to race. Just because BMW is going to an all turbocharged engine line-up does not mean the days of sport car racing are over for them. If it were the case, then the racing world is in serious trouble since plenty of other manufactures are moving toward turbocharged engines as well.

Quote:
I wonder what small sports car teams like Fall-Line, Turner, etc. are going to do with the next generation M3. It will be interesting. Especially when the competition will still be running big displacement V8's.
They already use the older S62 in the GT class cars. In fact, the S65 isn't even legal in that class. The lower "stock" class where the S65-powered Turner cars do compete (GS, I think?) may not allow forced induction, but the ruling body had better consider it soon IMHO. Same for the street classes.
Appreciate 0