04-22-2011, 04:51 PM   #21
k5ng
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F83 M4 Mineral Grey/DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
I'm glad he says he likes MTs like I do and he says to vote with your wallets BUT I have not seen a manual M3 in years at a dealership. Only special order,no chance to test drive unless they happen to have a used one on hand. I also believe people have to vote with their wallets and MTs are way more fun overall, BUT they make it so difficult to get one. Also, the dealers try to push you what is on-hand, which is always an Auto, then they tell you resale value, traffic, the liberal media, democrats....blah blah against the MT. You have to REALLY want a manual badly to get through the whole process and you can't compare side by side to see how much more fun MT is.

Also, he says they are commited to weight....why do they build folding mirrors, heated seats, power seats, bluetooth, nav and heavier 19" wheels into M cars? If they really cared about weight, they wouldn't even offer that in an M car. If you want a Cadillac buy one. M cars shouldn't have all this fluffy crap on them. Save that for the other models IMO.

Second, I have asked about BMW individual at the dealer and they said no, can't do that. Anyone here know, does it cost extra for individual, if so, how much more in US?

Thank you.

IB

2008 E92 335xi Sparkling Graphite/Coral Red (gone)
2011 E93 M3 6MT JZB/Ext Bamboo (gone)
2013 E93 M3 DCT SSII/Palladium,Blk,Blk (gone)
2016 F83 M4 DCT MG/Black
Appreciate 0