09-21-2020, 08:38 AM   #13771
dparm
Stop the hate, get a V8
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Corvette GS, AMG C63 S

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusB View Post
I guess I need more camber this is my passenger front, worn outside edge. My car is stock ZCP with front camber max out.
These are RE71R with 5 track days on them. Passenger front (in photo) is by far the worse out of all. Drive front shows wear on the outside shoulder but not as bad as passenger front. Both rears are somewhat even with a bit more wear on outside shoulder.

Tried to get the two front tires flip over but no tire shop would touch it. They all said this particular tire is down to the inner core on the shoulder.

Would you guys suggest I just get a whole net set? Been wanting to try out the NT01. But kind of feel like a waste because the two rears still have lots of thread left and pretty even wear (although I'll still flip the tires side to side).

Yes, I would agree it is a waste because that tire is basically half-used if you ignore the camber wear. Looks like the car needs a camber kit and perhaps a minor adjustment to driving style as someone else mentioned.

Can you please post your most recent alignment? Camber is just one component of tire wear.

Buy two new fronts, there's no reason to throw out perfectly good rears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyary View Post
Having gone thru the same dilemma as you are facing I offer few practical suggestions. Alas don't take my comments as expert advise:

You need new tires. The front do not need to match the rear. Get something. The cheaper the better.
Do not make a habit of running mismatched tires unless you are in a bind. I have done it once because it was either that or I'd lose the $300ish entry fee for not being able to drive that day.

Last edited by dparm; 09-21-2020 at 09:18 AM..
Appreciate 0