12-25-2019, 08:13 AM   #3
m3_tristan
Be Original.
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyatth View Post
^ You need the M Performance Seats or the Sportsters and harness from AMX Max to plug right in and retain your oem heated seat button, I believe.

I am not sure how the standard Recaro heaters plug in, but they have a dual stage element with a button on the base/bracket of the seat if you go this route. Bump for confirmation. I don’t have factory heated seats but would like heated Sportsters, so I’m also wondering how the heaters would get juice.

So I ended up figuring it out based on a lot of research. The recaro heated has two wires, one power and one ground. I looked up the seat wiring diagram and found the pins for the heated seat, one power and one ground. I actually found a shop that did this but actually cut the connector off the oem seat which I did not want to do. I ended up finding a mini part that had the connector I needed (52102753025). So if my theory is right I'll solder the two wires to pin 4 and 8 of the connector and it will plug into the oem harness on the car. Still waiting on the connector to come in at my local bmw but I'm confident it will work.
Appreciate 1
//steve\\1074.00