View Single Post
      06-16-2010, 12:58 AM   #11
kitw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F91 M8, 991.2 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
So how exactly do we find a compatible material?

For instance, I went from OEM to Carbotechs (bedded-in with 5-6 stops from 100mph) and still got significant judder at the track. It's possible other factors played in but it would be nice to find out exactly what aftermarket pad compounds are compatible with the OEM's...

Like rzm3 said, you aren't going to find one that is compatible. Some brands are better about this than others, and other pads are abrasive enough for it not to matter.

I used to keep a set of the old compound of Hawk Blues around for my E36 just to scrub off the rotors. I'd just drive home with them on and by the next day, it was like having just-turned rotors, because the pads ate through rotors so badly when they are cold.

I've had ok luck swapping Carbotech Bobcats for street and the XP8 or XP10. I also used to do the same with Porterfield R4S and R4... but damn those things put out an incredible amount of dust!

I'm probably going to get Cool Carbons, since I won't be tracking on R-Compound tires for the forseeable future. http://www.autoindividual.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=242

Price is certainly right! The e90post guys have been using them at track days with a good amount of success with smaller brakes than we have.
Appreciate 0