11-03-2013, 12:38 AM   #426
Agent-GHQ
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 AW ///M3 E92 MT Comp Pkg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
Hey trackman - I bought my tires from Ben at tirerack (great guy btw and often recommended here) and he advised to go with the slightly larger 255/275.

He said his experience is that the OEM 245/265 tires are just too small for the ZCP wheels. The stock (summer) tires are already very stretched, and he explained that the issue is exacerbated with winters, which generally need to be slightly larger for a given size of wheel.

I also saw a thread on bimmerpost where that actually happened to someone. The guy brought his tires to the dealership and they tried and tried but could not fit his winter 246/265 tires on his (stock) ZCP wheels.

The tire shop even had trouble installing my 255/ 275 tires, so I'm glad I didn't go any smaller!

Here's a screen shot of what I purchased.
I refuse to buy into such rhetoric! Just cuz he's been selling tires for some times doesn't mean he works at BMW where the real engineers test out the best fit tires. After all, if it becomes a safe issue by the manufacturer that would lead to a legal suit. If anything, I suspect a sales pitch!! I will stick with OEM size 245/265 on my ZCP
Appreciate 0