11-23-2012, 08:37 PM   #280
S65NAPWR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4M View Post
Delivery update. After the long wait I took my delivery today. Instead of having it shipped home (abut 400 mi) I saw good weather and decided to make it a road trip with my son. Unfortunately, the trip lasted all of 65 miles before the car dumped what looked to be most of it's oil! Engine block was coated with oil too. Rather than risk driving it any further, the dealer sent a flatbed. Now finishing the trip in a loaner - Not the way I envisioned this day ending and still can't believe it. Will be waiting for a call tomorrow to find out what happened. Sorry for the buzz kill tale, but sharing just in case any others have had a similiar experience. Will update the Class when I have news.
sorry to hear, certainly not a good first day. I hope the dealership treats you right. It is quite an unusual situation and it might have been related to the dealership not screwing on the oil cap tightly after they made the final checks. I can't imagine how that much oil would spontaneously explode under the hood of a new car.