imserious
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRCE90 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by imserious View Post
335s will not last a full track day. My buddy got maybe a half day in. Reduced power the rest of the day due to heat soak.

335s are just not meant for track abuse. Still a great car.
I haven't experienced the limp mode from overheating issue, but the risk of this exact scenario is why I continue to run at mostly stock power levels and try to avoid track days when the weather is warm. This is difficult living in SC. JB4 would only serve to build more heat in the motor I believe and I don't want to spend my weekend stressfully watching my temp gauge. Turbo's is another main concern of mine since I am not the first owner and I am not sure if they have ever been done. Car is at 123K right now. I just had a great time with the car at VIR this past weekend and I know there is definitely more potential in the car than what I am able to access with my current skill level. I guess my main concern is once I move up to the upper skill groups there are mostly gt3's and M's in those groups. I wouldn't want to be outgunned still even after spending a good bit more on upgrades for the 335i. Thoughts?
I wouldn't sink too much into a 335 with the intent of tracking. Just not the best platform.

If you just want to have fun and pull away from Ms in the occasional street race go for it.
Appreciate 0