View Single Post
      06-16-2020, 12:37 PM   #1202
Richbot
Major General
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
Probably foolclear’s motor already had issues unrelated to the use of 0W40. It’s factory fill oil for the 911 GT3, another high revving motor.
Mobil 1 is factory fill on my 6000rpm turbo 5.5l AMG engine too, I use the (lighter than factory, slightly) 0w40 on it. It barely uses any oil between 5,000 mile changes. Yet my S65 used more than a quart every 5k, even when I tried it down in the "low-mileage" range similar the amount of mileage the benz has on it now. They take about the same amount of oil per change, 8.5ish. And the benz has a dipstick, amazingly

It's almost like different engines are different. I doubt my engine would stop consuming Mobil 1 if I punched it out to 5.5 liters and hung two turbos off the side, but you never know

I don't run this stuff on my S65 anymore because the consumption is so bad compared to other oils. It's obviously getting past the rings or otherwise being consumed at a higher rate, for whatever reason, which I don't like, because I'd rather burn gasoline

Last edited by Richbot; 06-16-2020 at 02:48 PM..
Appreciate 1