12-10-2019, 09:17 PM   #34
ChiBimmer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i 6MT Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3R1 View Post
https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1628217

Read my comments in this thread (post 13 & 19)...
Good points. It's always great to see an enthusiast who sees the merits in other brands.

The quality issues with the Camaro didn't bother me but that that was just a couple test drives. The visibility and lack of rear seat room are problematic. The size combined with the poor visibility are a bad combo—I felt like I was going to hit curbs and I couldn't see the lines on the road.

The E92 feels number than the Camaro or E46. It isn't satisfying at all at low rpm where the Camaro is. I felt like I had to wind it out and go really fast to have fun. The nvh is so well handled it doesn't feel fast until it's really fast. I put up some numbers on the speedometer during my drives that were high but didn't feel it. In my S2000, 90 feels like it. Most of my driving is at low speed limits and I don't think the E92 is fun car slow. That may not be it's intended purpose but that's part of my criteria. Others who have more open roads may enjoy the E92 more than I have.

I still might get one just because I think it's the most luxurious of three and the sedan is better for a family car.
Appreciate 0