Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E46 M3, NA Miata

Garage List
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
2012 BMW M3 Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visceral View Post
Ive had a number of Corvettes. GS, multiple Z06, etc. C4, C5, and C6. Then I got into Porsches because VAG has the best interiors in the business.

I never had a single substantial problem in 16 cumulative years of track use, autoX use, heads-cam-headers-in-the-driveway, daily driving, etc etc.

As a reference, Ive had this M3 for 20k miles and Ive replaced the rod bearings, transmission seals, an oil pan, several sensors, and (in my opinion) the front calipers needed replacing with aftermarket after the second track day.

The C8 with Z51 will be an incredible bargain and faster around a track than any stock BMW, but the interior will likely make me sad.

Also, if you have to wonder about 911s, then I can't explain it to you I love what I have and I am always planning the next one. They are just simply superior cars.
I had a friends 991 Turbo S for the day and was totally underwhelmed. It was fast, comfortable around town, but it just didn't feel as special and connected as a GTS or GT3. I'd buy one of those and save the $$ for more track days. Steering also felt weird to me, even though I've driven other AWD cars with that much or more power (GTR, etc.).

That's just me though
Appreciate 0