SoCalRPM
Captain
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnyc View Post
if you want you can boil old microfiber towels to "restore" them. when they stob absorbing water like they did when new its likely because the fibers are clogged. Try soaking them in boiling water for a few min prior to washing. you can pour boiling water into a bucket and then add the towels. Let them sit for a few and then wash them in the machine on hot, use a dye free detergent (all free and clear works well) add 1 cup of vinegar to the rinse cycle and line dry them. Should come back like new.
OMFG NO

not a single person has noticed that op used heat to wash the towels...mf and heat are a no go. mf specific detergent, cold wash, air dry if possible.
I would say this isn't entirely accurate. Heat is necessary to separate the chemicals (such as waxes, cleaners, etc) from the microfiber towels. It is important though NOT to use too much heat. Boiling water will certainly destroy towels, though.

I like to use the warm/cold cycle on my machine - not the hot cycle. I always use the dryer on the delicates setting - lowest heat. I've had no issues but each person's laundry set up will be different.

Check out AMMO's cleaning regiment. Good info throughout but you can jump to 10:30 for Larry's washing machine settings.

Appreciate 0