View Single Post
      03-25-2016, 12:47 AM   #15
r1214
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 6MT

I just registered a week ago, I'm really pumped! Haven't missed a year of USGP F1 racing at COTA and have dreamed of actually being able to drive the track.

I've been contemplating a kind of interesting idea. I wonder if anyone going to the event would possibly "rent" me some wheels and tires for the weekend. Odd question, I know. But I want to drive with something a little more track worthy than my street tires (Potenza RE11) and I don't really have a way of getting there with an extra set of wheels/tires. Ideally I'd like some Toyo R888 or something similar. I figure 2 days of DE should probably only wear about 25-30% of the tire life on a tire like that, but my experience with race tires has mostly been on race cars weighing around 2000lbs, so maybe I'm optimistic on how much wear the M3 would put on some tires tracked at COTA for 2 days.

Anyone want to help me out? Or know someone that could? Figured I would check around various SCCA/NASA/BMWCCA forums but just happened to see this thread and figured I'd ask.
Appreciate 0