02-27-2019, 12:55 AM   #84
strokemycocktus
Lieutenant
Poland
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmoyle View Post
Like previous posters I have tried and failed to source the Stabilus OEM version of the hood strut without the BMW branding. Our cars have aluminum hoods and need the 200N (Force in Newtons) not the the 330N strut for a car with a heavier steel hood.

1. I ordered the wrong stabilus part from ECS Tuning. They stock the BMW part for $67 but not the Stabilus version for our cars.

2. Eeuroparts sent me the wrong part even though the description says it is 200N.
"BMW Hood Lift Support (200N) 51237900795 - Stabilus SG402058". This was the WRONG part. Was actually 330N (says 0330N on part). I called them and they said they would update their catalogue. They have not done so yet.

3. FCP Euro seems to be the best place for the BMW part (51237900795) at $66.89. HINT; leave the parts in the basket for a few days and they may send you a 5% off code.

It's a shame we can't find the Stabilus part as it would save us nearly $80 when buying a pair.
Which one did you get from ecs exactly? The one that is said to fit the M3, or did you look by the part number? I bought a set dedicated for M3 and of course they sent me the wrong parts, and then after I put a claim and explained everything 10 times they sent me the same wrong parts again
BUT, if you type in the correct part number you will find they have probably what we need:
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-stabilus...1237900795~kt/
They have written that this product has no applications yet XD
Maybe if we purchase this we will get the correct part?