View Single Post
      07-13-2007, 04:25 PM   #104
jworms
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 99 E36 M3, 07 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage View Post
It was a 2005, I can't find the article at the moment but it was an 2005. I just noticed a comment you made earlier that's funny...

"there is another laptime for the z51 packaged c6 vette but it's not a sport auto time so it's about as valid as getting hans stuck to drive the e92 M3 around the nurburgring:
7:59* -- 154.822 km/h -- Chevrolet C6 Z51, company test driver Dave Hill (*mfr.)"

There are 2 things that blow your theory about that not being a valid time.

1) Dave Hill is no Hans Stuck and think Hans would be insulted by the comparison.
2) This is the same Dave Hill who ran the Z06 at a time that is more than 8 seconds slower than the SportAuto time they got when they tested it in 06/07.

Taking #2 into consideration, I would argue that the C6 is capable of a quicker time than 7:59 with a better driver.
i'm not here to argue that the corvette isn't a phenomenal machine for the money. what i'm getting from all this is that there are no 'valid' runs with a base level manual c6 corvette at the nurburgring. i have no doubt it's faster than the e92 M3 (by how much is still to be determined) and if that's what you think i'm trying to defend, i'm definitely not. i have a great deal of respect for the new breed of vettes...but for now, let's get this thread back on topic, shall we? :rocks:
Appreciate 0