07-14-2020, 04:50 PM   #11
dparm
Stop the hate, get a V8
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Corvette GS, AMG C63 S

Quote:
Originally Posted by StogyBear View Post
Ended up bedding them again, this time taking my time to warm up the rotors and cool them down by driving about a mile without touching them. Juddering is pretty much all gone at this point, but now my front right squeals at low speeds. Is it common for these pads to squeal?

The rotors look a bit better now, but still have some deposits. Honestly, I'm not sure why these got such great reviews on here. They perform relatively well, but melt onto the rotors way too easily. Drilled rotors also are probably not ideal. As you can see, there are streaks starting from the drilled holes.

1. They can squeal slightly, it will improve as they bed in. This is the price you pay for track capability.

2. Double-edged sword with the holes.They will help the pads bite better, but also can result in streaking. My guess on your streaking is that you're just cooking those pads. They are not a true track pad but are trackable in the sense they don't fall off the cliff when they get too hot like an HPS.

It sounds like you are maxing out these pads due to insufficient cooling. Consider something more track-focused like a Hawk DTC-60/70 for your next set. FWIW I used the DS2500s on a Stoptech kit and they were fine, but those have massively better rotor and caliper cooling. If I were running a very sticky tire, I would have gone for the Hawks.