View Single Post
      09-19-2019, 08:41 AM   #13
grocerylist
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Garage List
2016 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Several years ago I was in an accident in my wife's car and hired a guy to write up a DV report for me. His services cost me about $400. Without his report I'd have not been able to win a DV claim. I got $4000 for a 3 year old dinky Honda Civic hybrid which I thought was more than fair.i don't think her car was worth much more than $15k? I do think you have to be careful that the DV claim doesn't push you over the threshold value for which the insurance company would determine the vehicle Total loss.

I was also in another accident recently where my Infiniti G37 was totaled. I never heard from the other parties insurance and was forced to go through my own insurance provider. Before I knew it was officially totaled, I was considering a DV claim but my adjuster told me for some reason that I wouldn't be able to do a DV claim against my own company. He said I could only pursue DV claims against the party that hit me but again even a month after the wreck and their insurance wasn't returning my calls. In the end it didn't matter as my insurance totaled the car and gave me what I considered a fair settlement.
Appreciate 0