View Single Post
      01-18-2018, 07:19 PM   #22
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

I've been having some battery issues for a few weeks now. Every now and again I get in the car and it gives me the battery discharge warning. It seems to very with the cold weather which has been an issue since I am in Philly. One day its 60 then next thing you know its 10. Anyway today I was driving on my way home from work and started to get all sorts of messages on my dash, immediately thought it was the battery. Well then everything just dies out, and I sit for 25 mins waiting for a jump but out of the blue it started up without needing it..... Worried to drive it as I don't want to be stranded. I went out and checked the battery and the alternator and both seem to be at the right numbers(12.3V and 14.5V respectfully), also the car started up without a hitch. I found this video that was really helpful, no need to have a voltmeter. Apparently the car has that function built in. Anyway I am not sure what to check next. I have read about the plug-in contact of the battery positive cable on the front power distributor being loose in the E92 M3, but not sure if that the culprit or not. Any recommendations?

Voltage display on dashboard video:

Last edited by JP10; 01-18-2018 at 07:26 PM..
Appreciate 0