10-06-2008, 06:20 PM   #24
E. Honda
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Nissan 350Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Why don't you ask him if you can test drive the car?

I test drove my non-ZTP (non-EDC, non-MDrive, non-IDrive) car and bought it soon after. I was always leaning toward going non-ZTP and the drive confirmed my choice. It blows away my E46, which is all I really care about. Have I driven a ZTP equipped car? No. I'm sure that it would be that much cooler, but I don't really need the gizmos to have fun in the car. I stronly suggest you try it out and see what you think. If you are uncertain, ask to drive a ZTP-equipped car too so that you can compare and contrast them. Then you'll know for sure. The car in question (Red on Red coupe) sounds very sweet though, and I'm sure its pretty cheap given its probably lightly optioned and the fact that you can get it at invoice with 1.9%.
I did test drive it, theres a freeway right next to the dealership, which I did take it on. What makes me skeptical was that he told me to push it beyond 5k rpms, which I was like, I don't know, its not in break in period, but I ended up doing it anyways. Theres 100 miles on the car, give or take a couple miles. I will ask to drive the other one that is EDC equipped and see if I can notice a difference. I don't know how I will go about testing the EDC though.
Appreciate 0