View Single Post
      02-28-2016, 04:43 PM   #1
08njSTEP
Captain
Rep
Drives: '07 335i, '66 SS396 Chevelle

looking for advice on DSLR purchase

posted this question in the wrong section I guess, so here it is.....again. I have been out of cameras for awhile now and am looking to move to digital. I have a Minolta x700 film but film is dead. I am interested in shooting motorsports, landscape, architecture and incognito street. I've read a little and visited a camera store for advice. I am impressed by Sony 6000 mirror less. It has a ton of features that I like. Viewfinder can flip 90° for street shoots. Flash can bounce, auto winder at 11fps, built in WiFi, and of course full exposure control. And since Sony bought Minolta I don't feel like a traitor. I was initially thinking Nikon mirror, but Sony makes their capture sensor and the same price gets none of the features mentioned. I don't have a set budget for this but I don't want more than I need. I'm not looking for m6 if 328 will do. So any informed advice is appreciated. Also need comments phrased for a newb, because I am about DSLR. The Sony randomly goes on sale but have confirmed not in march. $550 body/lens or $775 body/2 lens when on sale. I was very impressed by focus speed and size. What are drawbacks of mirrorless? Is there a compelling reason to go full size body? For $100 I can use all my old Minolta lenses too. The Sony is not 4/3rds its just below 35mm. Thank you in advance for helping me find the right tool for my needs.
Appreciate 0