spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRAT3D View Post
Hello all,
I have been an M enthusiast for many years now, but I am finally at the point where I can afford to buy a new car at the end of this coming summer. My price range, depending on exactly how much money I can make working this summer, is most likely going to be everything up to 20-21k max, but preferably somewhere around 18-19 (leaves room for some initial mods and possibly maintenance). I have always dreamed of owning an E92 M3, but I can't seem to find one that doesn't give me some maintenance worries within my price range. That being said, there are two other cars that I'm considering, each with their own reliability problems, being the E60 M5 and the E46 M3. I'm drawn to the E60 and the E92 a lot more than the E46 because of their high-revving and amazing-sounding motors, but I am still considering the E46 because of its superior driving feel and the generally lower pricing on it. I am going to be living in the Los Angeles area for the next few years, so I am looking at DCT/SMG models due to obvious traffic reasons and my personal love for the DCT gearbox. I have done a lot of my own work on my current E39, and I plan on being able to do most of the required maintenance on my next car. Any suggestions for this specific case (specifically comparing the difference in maintenance costs for an E92 vs. an E60)?
Those two in bold tell me this isn't the car for you at current market value. Mods before maintenance will make for a sad time with these cars. Especially ones bought at that price.
Appreciate 2
cjm41752.50
6ixSpd6014.50