View Single Post
      07-13-2009, 02:08 AM   #104
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Turbo Festiva

People tend to forget that Vettes/Vipers/GT-R are not made for guys wearing pink shirts while sipping a 10$ Latte . Those cars are ugly have terrible fit and finish and offer crazy performance(on par with lambo/ferrari) at a fraction of the price. When you walk in a dealership and ask about those cars they don't talk to you about I-drive, 50 speakers stereo, 26 airbags, run flat, bmw assist or onstar they talk about lap time, 0-60 etc let's being honest if the M3 was a Toyota or Honda how many people on the board would have still bought one? I would!!! Actually I wouldn't mind driving an m3 with cloth seats and less equipement to have some more performance(less weight).If some people want to drive a luxury barge with some performance well the 650I is there. The m3 is far from what it once was(E30,E36). What about the Lotus Elise-Exige(They're expensive and have a poor fit/finish)?
That's why the M3 is more tame with each generation (Soon to be F/I)so that people won't whine about poor gas mileage and having to rev it all the way up to 8300 rpm. The M3 deserve to be driven on the track otherwise a 335I(slap some 20s along with a Vorsteiner Trunk+Hood) will do a better job as a DD. Seriously some guys here remind me of girls with their fancyness.
Different strokes for different folks
My rant
My post wasn't aimed at anyone but geeez I'd driving the fuschia M3 if I had to. This car is meant to be driven...I can't wait to open my garage door... hop in the car and shoot down to the office while listening to the amazing S65 engine note. Look,interior etc are a bonus to me and would not be deal breakers.
My 0.02$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severious View Post
Its because a lot of BMW owners are housewives or business professionals and know little about cars other than BMW's are a status symbol in their own circles so that have to have one. But exotic car owners know cars, that's why they are willing to spend for a killer car and they know something different when they see one.

Last edited by mtla4; 07-13-2009 at 02:50 AM..
Appreciate 0