View Single Post
      07-05-2014, 08:36 AM   #16
jchristianp
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M3 E90

+1 on test pipes with a Megan catback.

I sometimes run this setup and get complimented with some regularity on the note. For the price, you cannot even come close with any other system.

The only thing that kills me with it though is there is still some raspiness and there is a drone about 2k rpm. If you have a manual this isn't really an issue, but if you have a DCT expect to be running in manual mode most of the time to keep you out of that rpm range. The downshifts sound amazing though and at WOT it turns heads.

I tried TPs with stock (tinny) and TPs with OEM mod (awful and too loud) before picking up a Megan.

For what it's worth though, I am back to running with cats and an OEM mod catback and personally probably like it a little more(refined). I still have the stage 2 loaded which Mike said would be alright if I was running on 93 octane. I know there is a loss in power but I couldn't tell the difference. I always drive with the electronic nanny on anyways and it happily catches me going too hard regardless of mid-section. My son's daycare has commented as well that I don't wake up all the babies when I drop him off anymore as well. I'll let the babies sleep : ..............for now.
Appreciate 0