02-27-2013, 09:29 PM   #1632
MidwestGolfBum
Knower of all Things Useless
North Korea
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92s

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
Wait so the building management company you lease your space from was behind the theft? That’s crazy! Good thing you caught the bastards, what type of legal recourse are you considering (if you don’t mind me asking)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRetep View Post
HA! That's awesome! (that they got caught, not that youre having to deal with it) are you taking any legal action against the company?
Yep, the management company has been found with the stuff that came from our office in their data center. Can't fix stupid I guess

We have a pending court case against them, the lease is null and void as of today so I'm actually ecstatic about that since I wanted to either be done or have somebody sublease the space. This was the only office that I didn't own the property, and you see where that got me. From the sounds of it, they will be liable for all of the damages to the building, plus the new damages that came from the 10+ inches of snow we got today, they will be paying for my plane ticket that I had to cancel as well as all cancellation fees involved in me not being on the flight. From what we have found so far, they have erased all of the data we had on there, and data isn't cheap, so from what we have been told, the payment, including legal fees is looking to be somewhere in the 5-6 figure range, works for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRetep View Post
I had never heard of UBER, it looks like an awesome service. their website shows they offer services in OC so I will be testing it out this weekend
I love Uber when I travel and don't rent cars. Makes things much more on "my time" vs a cab service, plus, I don't feel like I'm going to die every time that I am in the car.
Appreciate 0