View Single Post
      09-07-2012, 09:11 PM   #11
Carl L
Major
Rep
Drives: '15 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
Thanks it was a good time. Was kinda cringing during the dyno runs as I don't think I've even taken it above 8,000 RPM myself. Anyway, its broken in now and I'm ready to beat the snot out of it

Thanks guys for getting me in so quickly! I'll be back quite a few times in the next few weeks as the mods get installed.

I was originally trying to dyno it the same day I picked up the car but that's probably a little crazy

Ahh see its Mineral White...the metallic flakes give it a couple more HP than the AW

Sorry but in order of mods, I'm gonna install the supercharger first, then the exhaust (catless MRF mid pipe and Akra slip), and then the meth...and then a bunch of little tweaks. I want to see the delta I can get with the mods on top of the blower. I'm cautiously optimistic that I can gain another 50 - 75 RWHP with the exhaust, meth, fine tuning. Thinking 510 wheel with just the blower and 580 when all is said and done.

Good question...no idea about the differences...but when I come back to dyno I will be comparing apples to apples...i.e. SAE stock to SAE with the blower.

I'm actually not positive and so if you saw 231E then maybe I'm wrong. I heard about the new software and was assuming perhaps that factor fine-tuning accounted for some of the power. As soon as we crack it open next week for the supercharger tune we will know for sure and I will let you know if it's 240E.
Holy crap! You're chucking a supercharger on a 2013? You are a mad bad man! Car looks great, great dyno results and respect on going FI

BTW, out of curiosity, did you consider a GTR or anything like that?
Appreciate 0