Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Montego Blue 135i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoove β View Post
Previously, in my remark #2 (Dec. 5), I assumed you have posterior shin splits. If you don't know already, you'll need to determine whether your shin splits are anterior or posterior.

I just thought of this test. While seated, if you lean forward and put right and left hands on the front of your right and left shins respectively, with palms turned toward your shins and fingers pointing toward your feet, you'll notice the pain is either directly under your palms (anterior) or under your thumbs (posterior). I already offered you my comments on posterior shin splits.

If you have anterior shin splits, here is an exercise you can do. Lie on your matress, stomach down, and lower yourself toward the footboard until you can lower the top of your feet onto the vertical edge of the matress. Now try to lift your foot against the end of the matress bending only at the ankle. Do this several times, holding for several seconds. I've not seen any gym equipment that offers resistance to the anterior shin. Maybe tvieso alludes to this in his comment above. I didn't see the equipment on the site tvieso referenced. Maybe you can find it though.

Good luck!
Thanks for he advice. I'm taking a rest from running and concentrating on doing the exercises. Its sucks having my body go on "limp" mode because of this pain.

Eibach frontsway,BMS JB4,AFE Drop InBerk Street Axleback, H&R SPORT SPRINGS,Active Autowerke DP's ,Active Autowerke BOV,Active Autowerke FMIC , BMWPEDALS.COM, JB SPEED Black Grills,Alpina B3 TCU Flash
Appreciate 0