07-31-2010, 09:33 PM   #31
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
No_Country
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougLikesBMW View Post
It is very difficult / impossible to disprove something. You cannot disprove something for which there is no evidence.
Agreed. This also means that you are not a gnostic atheist. gnostic means 'knowledge of'. atheism means 'no gods'. gnostic atheism means you have knowledge that there is no god, ergo it can be proven. Your statement above is consistent with agnostic atheism. That's reasonable IMO.

Quote:
Atheism is a lack of belief.
That would mean atheists believe nothing. JK, I know what you mean.

Quote:
Forgive me, I skimmed it because I'm already familiar with its contents. To be fair, the author of that article gets it wrong as well. If you want the truth, it's that there are different degrees of atheism, as you alluded to earlier.

1. There are atheists who believe emphatically that there is no god, and that this belief can be proven. These are gnostic atheists.

2. There are atheists who simply lack belief in a god, but realize that god cannot be disproven. These would be agnostic atheists.

3. Then there are the agnostics, which simply state that knowledge of the subject is impossible.

I fall into the third category. In your previous post you said you were gnostic atheist, but this post makes it seem as though you fall into the second category.

Quote:
Let me reword what I said.

I lack belief in any deities, and I posit that there is no god.
Now, you're confusing the issue again. To posit is to assume as fact. This means you believe there is no god, and puts you back in the realm of gnostic atheism.

Your views are demonstrably inconsistent, even within this post. I'm afraid I still don't understand where you stand, but I'm beginning to suspect you actually are more agnostic than gnostic.
Appreciate 0