View Single Post
      03-31-2008, 09:53 AM   #82
Michael Schott
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 VW GTI Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90driver View Post
Would you show me the laws or admendments to laws which clearly indicate and explicitly state that police officers are not governed by and subject to them?

They can't do their job if they use their turn signal in normal driving? The can't do their job if they have to make a complete stop during normal driving? They can't do their job if they must abide by the speed limit during normal driving? hmmm.. Here I thought cops were intelligent and they can't manage to drive their crusier like they expect us dumb ones with a college education to do?

This is funny, but when I was in the 6th grade, we had a D.A.R.E. cop in our classroom (Drug Abuse Resistance Education). One week he didn't show up and the next day my buddy brought in a copy of the newspaper showing he had been arrested for manufacturing and distributing drugs. He was eventually found guilty and sentenced to 20 years, the judge was expecially harsh since he was preaching to students to not use drugs.
I don't know this as a fact but the premise of your original post on this topic is nonsense. Traffic cops are not on the road to drive like the ongoing traffic. What would be the point of their job if they were out there driving like the rest of us? Also, I know no one who drives as you suggest police officers drive. Do you always use your signals, drive the speed limit and make full stops when indicated to do so? I know I don't.

Thanks, Mike.
Appreciate 0