View Single Post
      09-29-2008, 11:27 AM   #43
GT3 Tim
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 MB E63S

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyav8tor View Post
Why not track pads for the street? How noisy are they under normal driving? Do they squeal a lot during light braking? I hardly ever brake during daily driving so I'm thinking I would be fine running track pads all the time. Anyone has other thoughts on this?
You can run track pads on the street.

Noisey, yes. Like a school bus, mostly under light braking.

I ran Pagid RS19's on my GT3 all the time. On the street, initial bite was not as good as stock pads, but very managable and safe still, IMHO.

On the street, they are quite noisey under lighter braking, like a school bus or garbage truck. BFD!

On the track they are fricken boat anchors (and quiet). Once you get them up to operating temp, they are phenominal. They are also fairly low dusting and friendly to the rotors, and they last a LONG LONG time. After years of goofing around with different pads and compounds, I am sold on the RS19's. The trade off is noisey street braking. BFD. I actually think it is funny squealing up to a stop and having people look at me like "WTF? Fix your brakes moron". lol

Where I live, it basically never get much below freezing. Typical temps in the morning may be 28-40 in the winter. I found the pads to be just fine in these conditions. You just have to take it a bit easy for the first few stops. It simply requires a bit more pedal effort when they are that cold. Still totally safe IMHO.
2008 E90 M3 -- Sold
2004 GT3 -- Sold
1997 M3/4 -- Sold
1995 M3 -- Sold
Appreciate 0