M3MPH1S
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Father View Post
I'm no quitter!!

So I had to use my floor jack handle as a pry bar to get the lower arm to move down. And I had to keep constant pressure on it while guiding the spring in. It wasn't all that difficult, I just wasn't expecting to have to manhandle it so much.

And honestly, the two bolts were super easy!!! Well....easy after the hell I went thru!

Jack up the lower arm to get the outer bolt hole the same level as the inner bushing hole. Then jack up the rotor. You have to make small adjustments. When your close you can manhandle it so its bolt hole over bolt hole.

So I'd say after figuring out how to push the lower bar down, the rear was super easy compared to the front. I only did the one rear. My body is beaten and broken so the other will have to wait. But I imagine the last rear corner will take less than half an hour.

The only reason the fronts take so long is cuz there's no room. You have to move the compressor twice coming out and twice going in. And you can only attach it upside down. So it takes forever to loosen.

Yes I did it by myself. If the front was a true macstrut, it would be way easier to drop the entire strut out, swap the spring, then install (like my RSX).

Anyways, hope this helps the next person.
Glad to hear you got it!

Btw, which springs did you go with? And post some pics once you finish!
Appreciate 0