View Single Post
      10-04-2016, 09:12 AM   #3
dbyrd
DSC Off!
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 6MT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dparm View Post
Have you used the special paint or stickers to see just how hot things are getting? Are you seeing the inside pad wear much faster?
Where do you get the paint or stickers? I'll do this when I go back to TWS in a few weeks.

I had some uneven wear with the Stoptech SR34 pads, but the Carbotech XP-12s and the Cobalt Friction XR1s wore evenly. The Carbotechs wore so quickly that I went all the way through them and damaged the rotors at COTA. I replaced the rotors before my last event at TWS.

It took the first day to get used to the high torque of the Cobalt Friction, and they got ridiculously hot in the first few sessions as I got into the ABS several times. I really liked the bite once I adjusted my braking - they require a much lighter touch.
MCS 1WNR with 600/900 spring rates / Vorshlag camber plates / Apex ARC-8s with MSI studs / Stoptech Trophy ST-60/ST-40 / Cantrell Motorsports Brake Duct Kit / Cobalt Friction XR1, XR2s or PFC-11 pads / UUC Corsa axle-back with Fabspeed HFC and x-pipe / Schroth Quick Fit Pros / HANS Sport II / AA green filter / Coolshirt with large bag / Aim SoloDL with SmartyCam / CSF Radiator
Appreciate 0