View Single Post
      05-08-2013, 08:51 AM   #5
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

so this is just my opinion on all these bulb replacements, so i'm not ragging on any particular line or brand or distributor, etc:

These bulb replacements will never get close to the OEM LCI brightness. To duplicate OEM LCI lights you need a complete new LED bulb system.

What I've observed is that these bulb replacement systems, simply just increases light temperature higher and higher in each new version (along with other hardware adjustments to support higher outputs & other improvements). As your eyes cannot tell the minute differences between these outputs and sunlight (6500k), you actually won't see them in daylight as they're the similar color temperature as sunlight, makes sense? You'll need blubs that are straight up blue, or light temps WELL above 12000k. Of course at night, they'll all look fantastic.

Again, just to recap, if you want the OEM LCI look that's in all non-M cars, then you'll need a new LED lighting system. There are vendors on here that offer these systems.

edit: also, pictures will never capture these outputs properly. The camera lens filters a lot of light so it's not too accurate for comparative purposes. You need to see these bulbs in person to judge how they look

Last edited by mdosu; 05-08-2013 at 09:00 AM..
Appreciate 0