Majdi
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green-Eggs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovetek View Post
So eccentricity and clearance variance look good then?
That's between you and your engine builder. Earlier you were concerned that Bert would introduce a bias just by measuring and reporting the results. If he answers this question, then he'd be introducing a bias. All of the measurements and graphs for all of the different bearings are at his wiki page. That's the place I'd go if I wanted to compare them and see for myself.

Quote:
I guess it would have been nice to get the HX-STD measured as well, as most people are debating between that and the H-STD. I think there's some confusion here, ACL told me HX-STD is +0.025mm (0.001 inch) extra clearance, but retains the "STD" bit in the part number

Any talk of +0.25mm should be in reference to the extra thick bearings which can be used for where the crankshaft journals have been machined down (if they are damaged for instance).

With this info, would one opt for the H-STD as the clearance seems greater than OEM anyway? Or still go with HX-STD? Which I guess nominal clearance would be about 0.075mm?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4org1ve View Post
HX-STD is the one to go with. It doesn't seem like the measurements were done of HX-STD. Which is unfortunate. Hopefully they can do one about the HX-STD bearings.
Bert does all of this work with his own money and his own time. He bought all of the connecting rods and measurement equipment, and then bought and measured all of the bearings on the market. He's had the H-STD and H+25 for about four or five months. You can see he just got around to doing this, mostly because I kept asking him to do it. He's not going to buy a set of HX shells and spend any more time than he has to. If you wanted to buy a set of HX shells and send them, I'm not sure if he'd do the work or not. It never hurts to ask though.
Man. That's awesome! Tell him the ///M community appreciates his work!

I can buy a set of of bearings and send it to him. That's the least I can do. So please let me know.

My comment was in reference to that fact I wish it was the "HX-STD" ones that were measured and not the other ones.
Appreciate 0