10-12-2010, 07:06 AM   #50
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmers & Porsches

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
wow didn't think it would be 30-40k difference. is it worth it to get the .2 version or only if you track the car?? is the .2 more comfortable on the roads??

i ask bc other then my M3 the GT3 is really the only other car that i really like and would want when i am ready to get rid of my M3 since BMW is no longer making NA engines. its either that or if i can bear AWD i would get an R8 maybe but i still really like the GT3 as a first choice. i wouldn't get the RS version bc i don't track my car
I can't say enough about the .2 GT3 when compared to the .1, Porsche made more changes to the .2 than they sometimes do to a new model. The suspension is SO much more compliant yet so damn glued to the road. Other benefits: much better torque (first time they developed vario-cam for the exhaust valves), bigger, lighter and beautiful iron brakes, lighter suspension components, more dialed in suspension, more down force, more HP, gorgeous Center Lock wheels, better interior with more options, much better looking with a gorgeous wing and front facia -imo, real facia cut outs rather than inserts, Dynamic Engine mounts... I can go on but I do have to go to work.
Appreciate 0