Thread: 2007 GT3
View Single Post
      10-12-2010, 12:48 AM   #45
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

lmao i am glad i am not the only one. i love your combo as your M3 as your DD and the GT3 for everything else, i would have it the same way if i could congrats

i agree the R8 V10 in a RWD would make me like it so much more

after i sold my E46 M3 i had a E39 M5, and i missed my M3 even though the M5 was great car. when i started shopping i orig thought there was alot of options out there for what i wanted, a RWD manual, high revving NA engine car. turns out there wasn't many options at all lol. i drove a friends E92 M3 and fell in love with it. drove a DCT one too. while it is wicked quick i just prefer a true man. so i found the car i have now the exact color combo i wanted and all the options. i really love it and it does everything well. i have some mods on it and it made it that much better. i can only imagine how awesome the SC is on yours.

but... man that GT3 is so sweet. i think by the time i would get rid of my M3 i could maybe swing the 997.2 version which is really the one i like best anyway. it does suck though BMW is not doing the NA M cars anymore

thanks alot for the feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD View Post
Sounds like me. I think you have to drive them for yourself. Its said the .2 is better as a daily, smoother on broken road. But its not a major difference in other areas to my knowledge. They say this one has better front end grip as well due to the transfer over of the 997 GT2 geometry. although ive never had a long drive in a 997.1 GT3. You can find higher milage (25-35k miles) for low 70's.

As for the last part of your post, I would have thought it was written by me!!!! Your my twin! LOL There is no other car i would want between the M3 and GT3. Kinda sucks..wish there was more options for people like us! and the r8 is more than the gt3 and not as good imo...but maybe make it RWD! take out the front diff.
Appreciate 0