07-08-2018, 07:13 PM   #3
dparm
Stop the hate, get a V8
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Corvette GS, AMG C63 S

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibhusz06 View Post
So bought a used 2011 M3 and applied Leatherique over the past 3 days as temps were above 85 here in the DC area. After the third day, it pretty much sat on the leather and didn't penetrate into the leather all that well and from owning a 911 with coated leather, I ran into the same problem as I suspect the M3 uses coated leather as well.

So curious what some of you guys are using and recommend? Also when I cleaned my steering wheel, some black coloring from the black steering wheel rubbed off with the leatherique pristine cleaner, is this normal or any suggestions to prevent this from happening again.

Thanks

Leatherique Prestine Clean worked fine on my M3. What happened, exactly, and why do you think it didn't work?

Remember that Prestine Clean is actually a conditioner and you should follow it up with a cleaner afterwards. It sounds backwards, I know. Someone once explained it to me like this: "Prestine Clean gets sucked into the pores of the leather to rehydrate it and forces out the contaminants, which is why you need to use a cleaner afterwards: to remove the contaminants that are now sitting on the surface".