SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyatth View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycplumber View Post
When I installed them on my stock zcp suspension it didn't work. I reached out to Dinan and they eventually became unresponsive. Quite annoying honestly.
Wtf!

I’ll report back when I get the time to install. Will be peeved if they’re useless and I need to buy some Lemforders. What the hell is the point of including and requiring them in the kit? Wonder what setup they’d fit on? I can’t see why they’d fit on a car with Dinan stage 1/2/3 suspension with their springs, which isn’t that different from ZCP.
I think what I determined was that the spherical bearing on the end link wouldn't be a perfect perpendicular angle with the maximum shortness of the link but it didn't carry a preload. As long as it still had enough up travel it isn't as issue because there isn't much upward travel on a lowered car anyways. The bushing still square up. Just make sure you load the corner and loosen the sway bar end to confirm it isn't taking load off the coilover. I could barely loosen and check the preload on the endlink when the car was on the ground but it can be done. You could always lop a 1/2" of an endlink if you needed too.. they are beefy and look awesome.. and you're right that's what you are paying for so definitely worth keeping.